Statistical Consulting Service
The Institute for Social Research (ISR) provides two types of support for researchers undertaking empirical research at York University. One type of support is highly individualized and is principally provided through individual meetings with the Statistical Consulting Services (SCS) faculty and staff. The other type of support is broader and provided principally through the ISR non-credit courses, organized by the SCS.
The information provide here pertains to the part of SCS that is within ISR. Another part of SCS with additional Statistical Consultants can be contacted at: https://www.yorku.ca/research/scs/
Our Statistical Consultants have extensive experience in a wide range of statistical methods and statistical software.
Consulting topics for which assistance is available include:
- Research and sample design
- Qualitative research methods
- Survey data and survey sampling
- Questionnaire design
- Data screening, statistical graphics
- Regression, ANOVA and other linear models
- Multivariate analysis (factor analysis, PCA, cluster analysis)
- Categorical data analysis
- Survival analysis
- Longitudinal and multi-level data
- Structural equation models
- Statistical computing using SAS, SPSS, Stata, and R
- Bayesian statistics
- Qualitative Analysis using NVivo (for Windows)
To make an appointment to see a consultant, use the on-line Appointment Scheduler (CLICK HERE).
Once you have made an appointment, one of our consultants will be in touch with you to make further arrangements regarding the consultation. Please be prepared to send a brief outline of your research project before meeting with a consultant.
For more information about SCS Services, check out the FAQ page, or contact:
Bryn Greer-Wootten: email@example.com
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Please note: Another part of the Statistical Consulting Service with additional Statistical Consultants can be contacted at: https://www.yorku.ca/research/scs/