Statistical Consulting Service
SCS Announcement for Summer 2020
For those clients making appointments via the SCS Appointment Scheduler, please note that in the summer months, May – August inclusive, SCS consulting activities will continue to be carried out remotely (via Skype, Zoom or telephone). Summer Term availability is noted below for the following consultants:
- Mirka Ondrack: generally available at scheduled times
- Georges Monette: generally available at scheduled times
- Hugh McCague: generally available at scheduled times
- Michael Friendly: available at scheduled times after July 1st
- Rob Cribbie: available ONLY via e-mail: email@example.com
- Dave Flora : available ONLY via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bryn Greer-Wootten: generally available at scheduled times
- Phil Chalmers: generally available at scheduled times
- Xin Gao: generally available at scheduled times
- Stella Park: available ONLY via e-mail: email@example.com
- Nataly Beribisky: generally available at scheduled times
- Linda Farmus: generally available at scheduled times
- Tino Ntentes: available ONLY via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: ALL other consultants are NOT available in this period (unless scheduled independently)
The SCS Appointment Scheduler will return to normal operations after September 11, 2020
ISR provides two types of support for researchers undertaking empirical research at York University. One type of support is highly individualized and is principally provided through individual meetings with the Statistical Consulting Services (SCS) faculty and staff. The other type of support is broader and provided principally through the ISR non-credit courses, organized by the SCS.
Individual consulting services are provided by a group of faculty and graduate student interns drawn from York’s Departments of Sociology, Psychology, Geography, and Mathematics and Statistics, in conjunction with full-time professional staff at the Institute for Social Research.
Our faculty, students, and staff have extensive experience in a wide range of statistical methods and statistical software.
Consulting topics for which assistance is available include:
- Research and sample design
- Qualitative research methods
- Survey data and survey sampling
- Questionnaire design
- Data screening, statistical graphics
- Regression, ANOVA and other linear models
- Multivariate analysis (factor analysis, PCA, cluster analysis)
- Categorical data analysis
- Survival analysis
- Longitudinal and multi-level data
- Structural equation models
- Statistical computing using SAS, SPSS, Stata, and R
- Bayesian statistics
- Qualitative Analysis using NVivo (11 for Windows)
To make an appointment to see a consultant, use the on-line Appointment Scheduler.
Once you have made an appointment, one of our consultants will be in touch with you to make further arrangements regarding the consultation. Please be prepared to send a brief outline of your research project before meeting with a consultant.
If you have any further questions, please contact Bryn Greer-Wootten: email@example.com.
For more information about SCS Services, check out the FAQ page, or contact:
Professor Rob Cribbie, Joint Co-ordinator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada