Statistical Consulting Service
ISR provides two types of support for researchers undertaking empirical research at York University. One type of support is highly individualized and is principally provided through individual meetings with the Statistical Consulting Services (SCS) faculty and staff. The other type of support is broader and provided principally through the ISR non-credit courses, organized by the SCS.
Individual consulting services are provided by a group of faculty and graduate student interns drawn from York’s Departments of Sociology, Psychology, Geography, and Mathematics and Statistics, in conjunction with full-time professional staff at the Institute for Social Research.
Our faculty, students, and staff have extensive experience in all forms of statistical analysis and a wide range of statistical software.
Consulting Topics for which assistance is available include:
- Research and sample design
- Qualitative research methods
- Survey data and survey sampling
- Questionnaire design
- Data screening, statistical graphics
- Regression, ANOVA and other linear models
- Multivariate analysis (factor analysis, PCA, cluster analysis)
- Categorical data analysis
- Longitudinal and multi-level data
- Structural equation models
- Statistical computing using SAS, SPSS, Stata, and R
- Qualitative Analysis using NVivo (11 for Windows)
To make an appointment to see a consultant, check the on-line Appointment Scheduler link.
For more information about SCS Services, check out the FAQ page, or contact:
Professor Georges Monette, Joint Co-ordinator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada