All research studies that are conducted by Institute for Social Research have been reviewed and approved by the Research Ethics Committee at York University.
York University is committed to the highest standards of integrity in research. All projects involving the use of Human Subjects are subject to review by the appropriate University committee. York has formulated policies for the conduct of research involving all three of these areas.
Ethics guidelines also exist for other research situations:
- Invasive Procedures
- Health and Safety Checklist
- Surveys and Research in an Online Environment
- Research Conducted by External Researchers
- Research Conducted in Hospital Clinical Settings
- Research in Educational Settings
- Research Involving Minor Age Participants
- Research with People who are Homeless
At the moment, the online system is only available to faculty researchers. If you are an undergraduate student, please contact your department for more information as to the ethics review process. If you are a graduate student, please contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies or visit their webpage for more information as to the ethics review process.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Senior Manager & Policy Advisor
Office of Research Ethics
For more information about Research Ethics at York University, visit their website: http://www.yorku.ca/research/support/ethics/